[LiU design] HCS-seminarium

Mattias Arvola mattias.arvola at liu.se
Ons Okt 15 16:16:08 CEST 2014

Hej!

Imorgon torsdag har jag HCS-seminarium om två workshop-bidrag som jag ska presentera på NordiCHI i Helsingfors om ett par veckor.

kl 11:15-12:00 i Alan Turing i E-huset.

Titel: The Fuzzy Front-End of UX

Abstracts nedan.

Hälsningar

Mattias Arvola
Docent i kognitionsvetenskap
SICS East Swedish ICT Research Faculty
Institutionen för datavetenskap
Linköpings universitet
Tel 013-28 57 03
www.arvola.se

User Experience Qualities and
the Use-Quality Prism
http://www.ida.liu.se/~matar/fuzzy-UXQ-final.pdf

Abstract
Deciding the desirable user experience qualities, i.e. UX
goals, for a future product or service is important but
difficult. This case study explores how a set of qualities
is articulated in the concept design process. The case is
a project aimed at exploring the use of smartphones to
augment the childhood home of Astrid Lindgren—the
children’s book author—with stories about her life and
authorship. The results showed that articulated UX
qualities focused the design work. It was also observed
that one set of desirable qualities does not fit all phases
in a project, and design consequences propagate
between aspects of UX quality.

The Mediated Action Sheets:
Structuring the Fuzzy Front-End of UX
http://www.ida.liu.se/~matar/fuzzy-Sheets-final.pdf

Abstract
Decisions about what to design, for whom, and why to
design it, are made during the fuzzy front of user
experience (UX) design. Our approach to structure this
process is to use a theoretical and methodological
framework based on mediated action. This position
paper describes how we put the framework, called the
Mediated Action Sheets, to test in UX design practice.
The test consisted of two workshops with professional
designers. Transcripts of video recordings and results
were qualitatively analyzed