[LiU design] IxS research seminar: Activity theory and American Pragmatism

Mattias Arvola mattias.arvola at liu.se
Tis Okt 20 10:36:06 CEST 2015

Dear all,

We would like to invite you to the following Interaction and Service Design Research Group (IxS) seminar:

Activity theory and American Pragmatism: two perspectives on situated cognition in design?
November 9
13:15-15

Please let Johan Blomkvist <johan.blomkvist at liu.se<mailto:johan.blomkvist at liu.se>> know if you want to join the discussion so that he can book a room of appropriate size.
We will read the following texts as a foundation for our discussions at the seminar:

Dalsgaard, P. (2014). Pragmatism and Design Thinking. International Journal of Design, 8 (1), 143-155. http://www.ijdesign.org/ojs/index.php/IJDesign/article/view/1087

Miettinen, R. (2001). Artifact Mediation in Dewey and in Cultural-Historical Activity Theory. Mind, Culture, and Activity, 8 (4), 297-308,http://dx.doi.org/10.1207/S15327884MCA0804_03

Miettinen, R. (2006). Pragmatism and activity theory: Is Dewey's philosophy a philosophy of cultural retooling. Outlines. Critical Practice Studies, 8 (2), 3-19. http://ojs.statsbiblioteket.dk/index.php/outlines/article/view/2089

Best regards,
/ Mattias Arvola and Johan Blomkvist

Mattias Arvola
Associate Professor in Cognitive Science
Linköping University
Phone +46 13 28 57 03