[LiU design] Seminar on Augmented Interaction Spaces in Outdoor Education

Mattias Arvola mattias.arvola at liu.se
Sön Nov 20 19:14:30 CET 2016

Dear all,

on November 30 at 13.15-15.00, I will give seminar in Allen Newell, in the E-building, Campus Valla.

# Augmented Interaction Spaces in Outdoor Education

## Abstract

We have in a participatory action research project field tested mobile augmented reality (AR) in outdoor education at a primary school. I will in this talk conceptualise the design in terms of a phenomenological interaction space. Mobile AR can set focus, provide point of entry, and raise questions for students. Symbols and timeline can be visualized, actions an be afforded, and reflection can be facilitated. Challenges to using AR in outdoor education include producing content, and structuring activities, and managing student groups. Aligning activities and AR content with learning objectives is important but difficult. Opportunities of and challenges to mobile AR in outdoor education are finally discussed in terms of how the technology arranges the phenomenological interaction space of the learning situation.

Welcome!

Mattias Arvola
Associate Professor in Cognitive Science
Linköping University
Phone +46 13 28 57 03