[IDA ML Seminar] Machine Learning Seminar, 15/5 at 15:15: Yingzhen Li, "Towards Causal Deep Generative Models for Sequential Data"

Fredrik Lindsten fredrik.lindsten at liu.se
Fri May 10 09:15:51 CEST 2024

Welcome to an IDA Machine Learning Seminar on Wednesday, May 15 at 15:15 in Alan Turing

Towards Causal Deep Generative Models for Sequential Data
Yingzhen Li<http://yingzhenli.net/home/en/>, Department of Computing, Imperial College London

Abstract: One of my research dreams is to build a high-resolution video generation model that enables granularity controls in e.g., the scene appearance and the interactions between objects. I tried, and then realised the need of me inventing deep learning tricks for this goal is due to the issue of non-identifiability in my sequential deep generative models. In this talk I will discuss our research towards developing identifiable deep generative models in sequence modelling, and share some recent and on-going works regarding switching dynamic models. Throughout the talk I will highlight the balance between causality "Theorist" and deep learning "Alchemist", and discuss my opinions on the future of causal deep generative modelling research.

Location: Alan Turing, https://www.ida.liu.se/department/location/search.en.shtml?keyword=alan

The list of future seminars in the series is available at: http://www.ida.liu.se/research/machinelearning/seminars/
You can subscribe to the seminar series' calendar using this ics link: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/4d811ae47ce446f58d11a7c2f50a7ed8@ad.liu.se/0f5253d7bc7841248c71eb4c28eb2d668927992292494627279/calendar.ics