[Aida-compute-users] Change: Bookings now start Mondays 12:00 and end Mondays 09:00

Joel Hedlund joel.hedlund at liu.se
Sun Jul 5 15:41:53 CEST 2020

Hi!

We have updated the booking rules:

> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wA7H3Uh53ADVYptiQWXROnMD67HvPOAwSvW20EnzlFM/edit#gid=2127795854&range=C6

Bookings now start Mondays 12:00 and end Mondays 09:00, with admin time in between as necessary. This is good for users and admins alike.

Users can now run computations all through the weekend and Sunday night (just take care to copy your results out to /proj or via ssh before Monday 09:00!). Also, admins no longer need to work Sundays, and in case of trouble it is easier to reach researchers and admin staff alike Monday morning (than Sunday night...). We of course expect there not to be any trouble, and aim to have your VMs asap after 09:00. We will let you know by email as soon as your booking is ready!

(Of course, if your computations are done before your booking is over then please let us know and we can let someone else use it!)

Cheers!
/Joel Hedlund
AIDA DGX-2 Service owner
Data director CMIV/AIDA