[Aida-compute-users] AIDA DGX-2 VPN moves to port 443 on Monday at 09:15

Joel Hedlund joel.hedlund at liu.se
Wed Oct 14 16:17:48 CEST 2020

Hi AIDA DGX-2 users!

As you may have seen in chat today:

> https://zulip.aida.medtech4health.se/#narrow/stream/13-dgx2/subject/move.20vpn.20to.20.3A443.20on.20Monday/near/6719

on Monday 9:15 we plan to start using the standard port (443) for the DGX-2 VPN, instead of a nonstandard port (442).

This means that at that point you will have to change your VPN client configuration from port 442 to port 443 to be able to connect.

We do this mainly for two reasons:

1) Less configuration for new users, so the VPN will "just work" out of the box, and

2) This lets us use good free services to ensure that our SSL setup remains good and secure over time (whereas the same services cost a lot of money to use with nonstandard ports...).

We will let you know if/when the service has been successfully moved.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

/Joel Hedlund
AIDA Data Hub DGX-2 Service owner
Data director AIDA