[Aida-compute-users] Resolved: AIDA DGX-2 Service stop tomorrow Tuesday 2020-09-01 17:00

Joel Hedlund joel.hedlund at liu.se
Wed Sep 2 12:29:32 CEST 2020

Hi!

We are now back in production, and your VMs have been brought up again.

The service stop took longer than expected, but I believe we are back in better shape.

The delay was caused by the systems not fully recovering into the intended production configuration automatically. We have taken steps to ensure that this does not happen again.

Your VMs have been brought up on a new network with better security. You should not be able to notice any difference,  apart from a slight improvement in network performance (possibly?).

Since nvidia-vm does not offer suspend/resume, your VMs were instead brought down and back up again using nvidia-vm shutdown/start. This seems to have done the job just fine judging from what I've seen with my test VMs.

I believe I managed to not break anything on your end, but please let me know if I did anyway!

Cheers!
/Joel Hedlund
AIDA DGX-2 Service owner