[Humsamserien] Grönt kritiskt forum på torsdag

Johan Hedrén johan.hedren at liu.se
Mon Juni 10 09:26:37 CEST 2013

hej,

och välkommen till Grönt kritiskt forum nu på torsdag 13-15 i K7A, Nya Kåkenhus, med

Astrida Neimanis:

We Are the Weather: New Feminist Perspectives on Climate Change
Climate change and related environmental concerns are too important to be left to climate science alone. The Environmental Humanities remind us that ecological precarity is more than a set of objective facts; social and cultural imaginaries also actively shape the matters of climate change and the environment. Specific feminist contributions to these imaginaries often focus on the uneven distribution of climate change effects across genders and colonial geographies, but more recent feminist interventions ask us to reimagine what climate change is—its time, space and matter. In this talk, I describe a feminist theory and practice of "weathering." We are makers of a thick climate time that also makes us. Together, we weather the world.