[LiU design] FW: Invitation to design research seminar with Robert Ramberg

Stefan Holmlid stefan.holmlid at liu.se
Mon Okt 3 15:24:31 CEST 2016

Hej!

On the 12th of October at 13:15-15 we will be visited by Robert Ramberg, professor at the Department of Computer- and Systems Sciences (DSV) at Stockholm University (SU), for a seminar about:

Interactionaries as a didactic format for teaching interaction and UX design.

Here is a short text from Robert:

"There is a lack of knowledge about how interaction designers, and especially students, address the very phenomenon of interaction. My presentation builds on two consecutive research projects focusing sketching within IxD, and more specifically on the results from an analysis of an interactionary-type design exercise focusing how interaction design students attempt to address aspects of interaction.

The findings showed that (1) the design students brought up aspects of interactivity and dynamics through talk and gestures but (2) a comprehensive design idea about interaction did not guide the design work and they were to a little degree engaged in planning sequences of interactions or interaction on a longer time scale; (3) using physical materials disrupted interaction design, and, (4) there was a lack of continuity when addressing interaction compared to how proposals about artifacts were pursued."

When: Wednesday October 12, 13:15-15
Where: Allen Newell<http://www.ida.liu.se/department/location/search.sv.shtml?keyword=Allen+Newell>, E-huset, Campus Valla

If you plan to attend, please send me an e-mail on or before Friday 7th October.

Here is the reference for an article based on one interactionary. Reading optional.
Karlgren, K., Ramberg, R., & Artman, H., (2015). Designing Interaction – How do interaction design students address aspects of interaction. In International Journal of Technology and Design Education, vol. 25 (2). DOI: 10.1007/s10798-015-9314-3.

/
Johan
--
Johan Blomkvist
+(46)13-282609<tel:%2B%2846%2913-282609>