[LiU design] KU-seminarium med Nicolas Cheng - World Wide Workshop: The Craft of Noticing

Frida Berntsson frida.berntsson at liu.se
Ons Apr 29 17:19:51 CEST 2020

Välkommen på KU-seminarium med Nicolas Cheng!

Nicolas Cheng graduated with a BA from the Design Academy Eindhoven in 2006, and earned his MFA in Jewellery and Corpus from Konstfack in 2010. In 2019, he obtained his PhD in Crafts from the University of Gothenburg.

World Wide Workshop: The Craft of Noticing

Craft is a practice that is based on responsiveness, on the ability of response to traditions, to urgent questions, to materials, to technology, to others - both human and nonhuman - that are interconnected, bound together, and entangled in the process and experience of making. In this lecture, I will discuss craft's role in an entangled world, embracing situated practices, making together with others that enable us to understand our own positions of responsibility in a complex world system: the ways our actions and choices affect the world around us, especially in the era of Anthropocence.

Nicolas Cheng is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Nicolas Cheng - KU-seminar at Linköping University
Time: May 6, 2020 01:00 PM Stockholm

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87405465546

Meeting ID: 874 0546 5546

Below is a dropbox link for downloading Chengs PhD thesis, pleace read the introduction or a chapter before the lecture.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxkeddid0tzgdai/Nicolas%20Cheng_world%20wide%20workshop_the%20craft%20of%20noticing_2019.pdf?dl=0

The seminar is held in English via Zoom, connect a moment before the seminar. External participants need a Zoom account to connect. https://insidan.liu.se/it/it-i-undervisning/zoom?l=sv&sc=true.

Välkomna!

Med vänlig hälsning