[LCSB] No lecture by Jesper Tegner this Monday. Workshop-schedule published

Gunnar Cedersund gunnar.cedersund at liu.se
Fre Nov 11 14:27:02 CET 2011

Dear systems biologists,

the lecture this Monday was meant to have been by prof Jesper Tegnér from KI. However, since I had to stay a few days extra in Montevideo and will hence not attend physically, and since several of the other main attendees also had other bookings, we decided to postpone his lecture until the spring. We will instead make use of the seminar time to plan and organise for the workshop in December.

The schedule for the workshop in December is now available online:
http://isbgroup.eu/WorkshopDec2011/
the schedule virtually only consists of confirmed speakers, and the schedule and combination of speakers and topics is - in my view - very appealing. Our goal of having both state-of-the-art theory development, combined with real applications to clinical and pharmaceutical end-usage is not something you see in an average systems biology workshop (we are e.g. for sure more truly translational). Furthermore, since there are quite a few speakers booked in, and since the meeting room is limited to 35 people, please make sure to sign up for the workshop if you are interested in going (send an email to me, and specify which sessions you would like to attend).

best wishes,
Gunnar