[LCSB] Paper presentations this Monday meeting, Seminar on Thursday, workshop is getting full

Gunnar Cedersund gunnar.cedersund at liu.se
Tors Nov 24 14:45:56 CET 2011

Dear fellow systems biologists,

on the scheduled meeting this Monday (28/11, 15.30-17, in IMT1), we will do something we haven't done in a too long time - an overview of relevant and recently published sysbio-papers.
Each person attending the meeting should pick 1-3 papers to present in 5-10 minutes. You may use any means of presentation (slides, handing out papers, drawing on white board, etc), but please pick papers which are not exclusively focusing on your specific biological problem, but which also has some interesting conceptual or methodological aspect. It can be specific and detailed on your specific specialty in terms of methods, however, but - if so - try to simplify the main message/idea/approach so that everybody can understand at least the basics during the presentation. Also, we will afterwards document all the presented papers here, and if you have time, please add your paper already before the meeting
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DnBc6eYNGIMXgGSz3GNOPrUcenqy73Sdw_z8bF6DJgo/edit?hl=en_US

On Thursday next week (1/12, 14.00, in IMT1), Mikael Benson and his group will present themselves at IMT, where they are partially located. This lecture is of course open for all, and this may be especially interesting if you will miss his group's presentation during the upcoming workshop. If you didn't know, Mikael is a rather recently recruited professor working with clinical systems biology, aiming at personalized medication using network-based approaches:
http://www.liu.se/forskning/professorer/medfak/benson?l=sv

Regarding the workshop, Dec 5-7, all planning is going fine, and the interest is very high. In fact, for some of the sessions, we have now reached the maximal number of participants (45), and new registrators will end up on the waiting list. There are a few unconfirmed participants on these sessions (speakers we don't know when they are coming, e.g.), so it is not futile to sign up also for those sessions (so far: the two Monday sessions). For the morning session, we might also decide to chance to a bigger room. Information regarding the workshop is continually updated here:
http://www.isbgroup.eu/WorkshopDec2011/

best wishes,
Gunnar