[LCSB] Update on the workshop, SB exposure at the university

Gunnar Cedersund gunnar.cedersund at liu.se
Tors Dec 1 23:58:48 CET 2011

Dear colleagues,

i) The workshop in systems biology, which takes place here at LiU next week
http://www.isbgroup.eu/WorkshopDec2011/
is now more or less completely prepared, and we are currently eagerly
expecting the arrival of all the interesting international scientists.
There has been a high interest from local people at LiU
 in attending, which of course is very positive. Nevertheless,
this has also implied that some sessions of the workshop have been
filled up. The first session, featuring Kitano's guest lecture, has
been moved to Berzelius-salen, and is no open for all without
registration. The second session, Monday afternoon, is full, but can
still be attended via skype. The remaining sessions still has a few
open spots. Registration described at the home page.

ii) Otherwise things are moving forward on other fronts regarding
systems biology at LiU right now. I just submitted a 48 MSEK network
application (featuring almost exclusively Linköping groups, and giving
 money to a core facility usable by all) to the Wallenberg foundation
 (internal pre-screeing step at LiU), and we have been featured twice
 in less than a week at LiU-Nytt.
http://www.liu.se/forskning/forskningsnyheter/1.307705?l=sv
http://www.liu.se/forskning/forskningsnyheter/1.306506?l=sv

I am looking forward to seeing many of you at the workshop next week!
Gunnar