[LCSB] News letter, Linköping Centre for Systems Biology

Gunnar Cedersund gunnar.cedersund at liu.se
Mon Apr 18 11:11:58 CEST 2011

Dear all,

this is a short update on things that are happening right now in the Linköping Centre for Systems Biology.

RECRUITMENT OF MIKAEL BENSON FINALIZED
* We have now finalized all the details with the recruitment of Mikael Benson. He will be employed at IKE, in the paediatrics division. He will work part time as a medical doctor, and the rest on systems biology research, where he is e.g. coordinating two EU-networks on Systems Biology. In other words, he will be a very important person for us to further establish the clinical application aspects of systems biology; which is one of the systems biology profiles where I think that we can realistically aim for a world-leading position. Mikael will start on May 1.

FIRST MONDAY MEETING IN THE NEW CORE FACILITY ON MAY 2
* On May 2, we will have the first official Monday Meeting in the new core facility for systems biology. This is physically located in IMT, at HU, but will be an open access for all interested groups, and meeting point between theoreticians and biologists/clinicians. The structure of these Monday meeting will be as follows:
15.30-15.40 Short introduction of all participants at the meeting
15.40-15.50 Announcements, both scientific and social events
15.50-17 (max) Invited or local speaker, giving a presentation or leading a discussion
More details on speaker's lists, exact location, etc will be announced in upcoming news letters.

WORKSHOP IN UPPSALA
* On May 23-24 there is a workshop in Uppsala, with the topic "Systems Biology in Sweden". We are some 10 people signed-up to go from LiU already, but it would of course be nice if even more could join; to show the great variety of our systems biology activities. Send an email to me or directly to johan.elf at icm.uu.se if you want to join.

WORKSHOPS IN LINKÖPING
* In June 17-23 there will be a series of workshops here in Linköping on different topics. All workshops are open for participants from LiU, but please sign-up in advance. The final workshop is especially devoted to Systems Biology at LiU, so please - if you haven't already - book in June 22-23 for this event.

Best wishes,
Gunnar, 0702- 512323